Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

Christmas cards!

As we near the end of this unusual year I find that I'm as happy to see 2020 in the rearview mirror as everyone else.  This year of the pandemic has been tough on a lot of people and I'm no different than most...my job is now done from home, my shopping is done online and I drive up for my groceries and they load it in to my car.  We eat at home or get carry-out.  I miss my co-workers, I miss the occasional dinner out at our favorite restaurants and I don't miss grocery shopping.  I won't lie...I may never go back to conventional grocery shopping again!

Thank God for art.  Pandemic stress, work stress, election stress - I can shrug it all off in my studio and ignore the madness.

Here's what I'm working on for Christmas.  I choose a single design to make multiples for friends and family, but I still somehow end up making one-of-a-kind cards, too.  This pine cone by Heartfelt Creations on paper by Graphic 45 is the main design this year.







And a lot of pink this year!










There was a big sale at Sizzix on the Fourth of July and I found this Nativity die set that I thought my aunt would love.  I chose all metallic papers and it has a lovely shine.  Sadly, she passed away this summer.  I think I'll hold on to it because it makes me think of her.




No comments:

Post a Comment