Happy Friday! I made a fun pirate card using three mini map stamps from Lost Coast Designs and my favorite pirate collage from Altered Pages. The set contains three Old World maps in a size that is perfect for artist trading cards. I combined them all on one card to help my pirate find his way. To see the full post for my card, please click here.
Hello again! I had a lot of fun with this Foundations Decor project this month. Or should I say we had fun...Uncle Sam and me!
Altered Pages and Foundations Decor are partnering this month to bring you some fun with their wonderful wooden projects. We've already seen some really beautiful projects. I hope you enjoy this one, too. For the step by step photos, please visit my post over at Altered Pages Artsociates.
Stop by the Altered Pages blog and see my latest project using a Gel Press plate. The end result reminds me of camouflage with the gears in the background, I really think it needs an image of a jeep or two to go on in. See how they came together by clicking here.
This month Altered Pages is partnering with Gel Press to bring you projects featuring mono prints. Today I've made several backgrounds perfect for the Spring or Easter season. To see the how-tos for this project, please check out my post on the Altered Pages Artsociates blog.
Welcome to another March project being featured on the Altered Pages Artsociates blog. Altered Pages and USArt Quest are partners this month and they are a perfect complement to each other. Today I have a mixed media Steampunk canvas to share featuring products from both. Please click here to see the full post. Here are some highlights.
Scan of project is below the list of supplies.
Supplies Used: Art Canvas Board - 8x10, but they come in other sizes Gesso, if desired Chipboard Gears Pink Paint Palette 6x6 Brick Stencil Goosebumps Texture Spray StazOn Ink Pads - spiced chai and emerald Gelatos - cinnamon, iced chai, chocolate and green tea Tacky Glue or other strong adhesive Foam Adhesive Squares Metal tin to hold bits and pieces Fly With Steam Collage USArt Quest 101 Heavy Artist Cement USArt Quest PPA (Perfect Paper Adhesive) - matte USArt Quest Perfect Pigments - tomato pearl, yellow ocher, burnt umber, metallic copper, wheat, permanent green medium USArt Quest Perfect Glaze USArt Quest Prills - any color will do for this project because you are painting over them USArt Quest Mica Flakes - cinnabar, copper and copper patina USArt Quest Gilding Kit - includes Gildenglitz leafing, texture sponge & fuzzy ball to buff the metal to a shine and remove the little bits
Today's project is a card for anyone who loves horses. This card is full of textures and earth tones. And it all begins with a sheet of leather texture paper from USArt Quest.
I chose to use the Vintage Horses collage sheet. Horses are such beautiful animals and appeal to almost everyone, which makes this card a great choice for either a man or a woman.
To decide which color of the leather paper I wanted to use, I laid a strip of the embroidered paper across strips of each side for comparison.
In the end, I chose the dark brown. I used the blade of my craft knife to physically distress the edges of the leather paper. This is not white core paper and the color is consistent even on the cut edges but I added a little ink to the edges to enhance the distressed look. You could use the edge of your scissors or a distress tool to achieve the same look.
Mica is a layered stone that almost has the feel of plastic. You can peel off very thin layers that look like cellophane to make the color darker or lighter. In this case, I left the tile in it's normal thickness and ran it through my embossing machine to cut out this scalloped heart. It came out perfectly!
I used the craft knife again to distress the edges of the horse image and applied ink to the edges, just like I had on the background.
I repeated the process again with the little flag of leather paper. I used a good amount of double sided adhesive on each of the panels because the paper is not flat. I wanted to be sure it adhered in enough places to stay together.
I punched a hold in the flag and added a brad from my craft stash before attaching it to the card. After the panels were in place, I glued on a German Scrap horseshoe and mounted the entire panel onto black card stock. In the end, it's a rustic but still delicate card.
I hope you enjoyed my project today and will come back again to see what the rest of the Altered Pages Artsociates Design Team has to share with you. Thanks to our March partner, USArt Quest!