Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Prima Greetings

Hello again, friends!  Today I have a note card made with Prima papers to share with you.  



I bought this beautiful 6x6 paper pad by Prima at the Altered Pages web store.  I love the muted colors and choice of designs.  One of the pages has this great collection of embellishment images.  I cut them all out and chose two backgrounds to coordinate with them.




Rather than using the pages whole, I tore them into wide strips and inked the edges with a light brown ink.  




Then I used a glue stick to glue them to a 4.25 x 6 piece of cardstock.  I left the ragged eges barely hanging over the sides and trimmed down the top and bottom.  I inked the straight edges to frame the background.



I sponged two colors of Prima paint onto the panel using a 6x6 brick stencil.  I did the green first and then went over it with the copper.  I wasn't careful about coverage.  I wanted the light and dark areas to match the overall look of the background papers.




To go along with the Prima papers, I cut out one of the women on the Cinco de Mayo collage sheet.  



There was still more background showing than I wanted to I chose another sheet from this paper pad with a nice selection of words and cut out a few.



The result is a lovely collage note card perfect for many occasions...or simply to say hello.



PRODUCTS USED:
Prima Life Time Collection 6x6 Paper Pad
Cinco de Mayo Collage Sheet
6x6 Brick Stencil
Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints
Basic Cardmaking Supplies: Scissors, Glue Stick
Ink for edges




No comments:

Post a Comment