Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Mixed Media Greeting Card



Spring is finally here!  Although it has still been cool, the sky is blue and sunny and the plants are beginning to stir.  In their honor I chose to work with blues and greens this week.



I started with two gel prints which were made with the same paints.  One was more green and the other more blue.  In fact, one of the prints is even on blue paper.  I cut them both into 1" strips.  I wanted an uneven mosaic so I used one long piece and 6 shorted pieces of various lengths.  


Each of these pieces had the edges darkened with green ink so that they would all blend together.  It also hides the fact that the card stock of each print was a different color.


I tried to get an even distribution of green and blue.  Double sided adhesive holds all of the pieces in place on the black card stock.


I just bought to lovely stencils from Altered Pages and couldn't wait to use them!  I chose blue and green inks to compliment the paints.


I'm not sure what this shape is supposed to be, but it seemed plant-like so I started with it.  


To make the card feel like a complete piece rather than 7 panels, I made sure each of the stenciled images covered at least two pieces.  I used almost all of the shapes on both stencils.  


To make them stand out, the word GROW and the focal leaf are silver.  Ink for the leaf and gel pen for the word.


Products Used:
Silver Ink Pad







No comments:

Post a Comment