Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Which stamp do you own and consider most versatile?

Do you have a stamp that you like to use over and over, regardless of the reason behind your project?  One that works equally well for birthdays, holidays, get well, thinking of you, etc?  For me, it's Griz from Stamps By Judith.  She makes more than one pose of him, but the original standing version is my favorite.  In fact, when I went to my LSS crafter's yard sale I almost bought him again.  I mean, he was only $2 and he was in pristine condition.  That's what got me thinking about him.  I don't understand how you can have that stamp in your collection and still have him be that clean and perfect?!   And then decide you don't want him??  That's crazy!

He is fun because he can wear hats.  Does that sound silly?  I feel silly saying it but that's the truth.  I love him because all you have to do to change his personality is change his hat and whatever he is holding in his big clumsy bear paws.  He works for both men and women...how great is that?  If I'm ever stuck for a "guy card" I just bring him back out.  In the end, I didn't buy him again.  That was a week ago and I'm still having twinges of regret.  No, there is nothing wrong with my Griz, but he was just so beautiful and new! 

Here, see for yourself how wonderfully versatile he is.  I've made over 20 cards with him.  These are a few of my favorites.  Then take a moment to tell me about your favorite stamp in the comments.  I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment