Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's Nice to Spend a Saturday Crafting

I love it when I can spend a whole day doing nothing but stamping and playing at my craft table. 

For my mom for Mother's Day.  My mother has always liked Asian art.  The large Chinese love symbol is a foam stamp with a small Chinese print stamped around the border.  The same small print stamp is on the black hexagon.  The background paper is from USArt Quest.  It came in a huge sheet so I'll be able to make a lot more from just one page.  I don't have any idea what the border stamp says, but I added it to give the wording a more textured look.  It is embellished with various beads & coins.

This get well card is for a swap over at Creating the Crafty Life.  I love monochromatic cards.  The paper was embossed on my Cuttlebug and then kissed with Colorbox silver ink.  The words are also stamped in silver.  The racecar image is supposed to have that mottled look, which makes it difficult to color so it worked perfectly for this card simply stamped on gray paper.  A gear and brad were added for embellishment.  Inside says: Speedy Recovery!

Finally, I have a card made using the 4th Anniversary sketch from Unscripted Sketches.  The background paper was made with acrylic paints and glitter glue.  Some of the paints are shiny and some are matte.  Squirt paint randomly on 1/2 sheet of card stock and cover with second half.  Use either a brayer or small rolling pin to gently smoosh the paint around and peel apart.  The direction of the peel determines the paint streaks.  This card is embellished with gold paper ribbon, an old necklace charm and some Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest.

Go on, get out there and create!

If you like my blog, you can click the little button at the bottom to follow me.  You can also leave me a comment!  I'd love to hear from you.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment