Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Day at the Beach

Hello my friends!  Yes, I know it's December and I know everyone is in the holiday spirit, but it's cold here in the northwest and, quite honestly, I miss the warmer weather.  So here's a little bit of sunshine, from me to you!

I resized this fun and flirty image from the Altered Pages Brighton Beach collage sheet and printed it on card stock four times.  This picture is perfect for a tole card.  For anyone not familiar with paper tole, it's a technique where an image is layered on itself to form a 3D image. 



One image was left full-size to build on and then each of the scenery layers was cut down and mounted in place using adhesive foam squares.  The hottie on the beach was cut out of the last layer.  She was also mounted with foam tape, but I made sure the layers of tape left her appearing to bend forward.  In the full photo you can see the shadow she casts!


I found a nice Graphic 45 scrapbook paper in the perfect color to compliment the water!  The card base and panel are a nice cream which coordinates with the beach towel.  This month, Altered Pages and JFF Rubber Stamps (Just For Fun) are partnering and the design teams get to play with fun stuff from both companies.  I stamped this fun saying by Just For Fun rubber stamps onto the cream leaving a border around each word.  I dipped each cut piece into the same ink for a matching border and to make the words really pop.


To give the water a little extra something special I used a Wink of Stella pen to make it sparkle.  I wish I had been able to get it to show in the photo!  Stay warm out there!

 


1 comment: