Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Merry Altered Christmas, Jean

What do you do when you need to find a way to show someone how extra-special they are.  When you need a gift that expresses your fondness and appreciation for their special place in your heart?  If you're an artist, you make it!

This Christmas, the girls on the Altered Pages Design Team created a mini-book as a gift for Ms. Jean Moore, the wonderful woman who owns AlteredPages.com.  We each made one page in this book and our team leader (Lyneen) organized the entire thing, collected and bound the pages all together and shipped it off as a surprise Christmas present!  What fun!  Now that the cat is out of the bag, here is my contribution to the project.  Please take a couple of minutes and hop over to the Altered Pages Artsociates blog and see the book in its entirety. 

Side one - pocket empty
I covered the chipboard on both sides with a lovely jewel-tone pink handmade (though not by me) paper.  The stencil from the latest Mailbox Muse Gypsy Bazaar kit was used with clear ink and then embossed with copper powder.  The book pocket was covered in jewel-tone ribbons, mini borders and various embellishments.  Then a set of swirl stamps was used to give the paper a little background and tie the pocket into the page.



This tag was decorated on both sides with collage images from Altered Pages (top and bottom images) and a few rub-on words and stars.  A couple of paper dragonflies frame one of the images.

Peek a boo!
And for the other side of the page, I chose a die cut bodice that came in the Mailbox Muse All Things French kit.  It is such a fun girly embellishment! 

Side two
I added some of my favorite die cut shapes from my own collection and a stamped saying that I believe suits Jean very well indeed!!  I know she has altered my life for the better.  Her kindness and belief in my art has given me so much confidence and has truly lifted my spirit. 

Jean, we love you.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment