Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Four Cards from a Single Canvas

Hello and Happy New Year!!!  Back on December 3rd I was the lucky winner of Tracy Verdugo's book Paint Mojo.  I was thrilled!  And look, Tracy even signed it for me!  What did I have to do to win?  Simple...I just commented on a post over at the Altered Pages Artsociates blog! 

 
Today I'm sharing four cards I made with the creative prompt in the first exercise in the book.  The first Paint Mojo exercise deals with symbols.  Have you noticed any recurring themes in your art?  For me it's plaid.  My cousin calls me The Plaid Girl because when I first started making cards most of them had plaid scrapbook paper for backgrounds.  I wear plaid, too.  It could be the Irish ancestry!  I decided to make that my symbol for this project.

 
Artists are pretty lucky these days when it comes to finding different types and sizes of canvas.  There are traditional wood frame canvases, canvas boards, canvas books and you can even get it on a roll and make one of your own.  On a recent trip to a local art store I found some that are stick-on.  Because this canvas is as thin as heavy card stock I knew it would be easy to cut into panels to turn this canvas into greeting cards.  The thought of working with paint used to frighten me, but journaling has let me practice in a very personal way and lately it is my go-to medium.


http://alteredpages-artsociates.blogspot.com/2015/01/painted-canvas-on-cards.html
I have a Snapguide tutorial for this project.  This project posted on the AP blog on 1/9/15.  Click on this photo to visit Altered Pages Artsociates for more details on these cards.
Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you all have a wonderful 2015 full of health and happiness.  Please come back again to see more projects that I hope will inspire you to go and create!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment