Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Scrapbook cover page

I love country music.  You need to know that to understand how excited I was to take this trip.  Several years ago, my husband and I took a vacation in Nashville, Tennessee because we wanted to see the Country Music Hall of Fame and a couple of Nashville Predators hockey games.  We couldn't plan for a time when our home team would be in town so we chose to see games with the Dallas Stars and the San Jose Sharks...in case you were wondering why a Detroit-born girl is wearing a sharks T-shirt. 

I made a scrapbook for our trip when we got home but it has just been in a plain three-ring binder.  BORING!  The photo pages have been moved to a binder that allows artwork to be displayed on the front cover so I made this collage page with the help of Altered Pages.


It was just us on this vacation so almost all of the photos are of either me or hubby, but not both.  We finally asked someone to take this picture of the both of us.  It's the only one we have of us together in Nashville.  I printed it as an 8x10 to cut up for the cover art.


There are wax museums in the back of several gift shops and other shops have different kinds of memorabilia.  It was an odd feeling to walk around to the back of each shop and see their little museums.  There are the "real" museums, too.  I'm sharing this photo because I know how much people love Elvis.  His Solid Gold Cadillac is on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame.  The roof has been detached and an arm raises and lowers the top of the car so that people can look inside.



Jean, this one's for you!



Elvis was ahead of his time.  Even back then he had a TV and telephone in his car.

Another highlight of our vacation was a short 70 mile road trip to see the Jack Daniels Distillery.  It was an interesting tour and, since it's a dry county, the bar at the end serves the best (alcohol-free) ice cold lemonade!


Products Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment