Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

What happens in Vegas...

Hello!  I have a scrapbook project for you today.  It's been quite a while since I worked on a scrappy layout.  Las Vegas, Nevada has a very special place in my heart.  It's where my husband and I got married 20 years ago.  In that time, so many things have changed in the city that never stops moving.  Even though I haven't been back since then, it's a little sad to know that our cute little chapel is gone now.  So is the little hotel at the far end of the strip where we stayed.  Glad I have them both captured on film!


Altered Pages has so many art supplies that are perfect for scrapbooking.  I'm a pretty basic scrapper and all of my books are in 8 1/2 by 11 format.  Back when I started scrapping there were not very many places to buy the 12 x 12 albums, and binders for letter size paper are always plentiful and have really pretty covers. 

Yep, that sign says a 27 oz. Margarita for 99 cents.

I like the photos to be the main focus on each page with just a few highlights.  I chose paper flowers, gold opulence corners, a few journal words and game pieces to compliment my photos and the collage images from AP.  The string of gems are from the Hollywood Glam & Horror Mailbox Muse kit.  Some images from the Viva Las Vegas and Vintage Las Vegas collage sheets to highlight my own photos.  They all blend so well together it's difficult even for me to tell which is which.


Las Vegas hosts an average of 115,000 weddings a year!  The only rule my husband had when I suggested getting married in Las Vegas is that I could not choose an Elvis impersonator.  Yep, you can even have "Elvis" marry you ... or not!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment