Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Some background art to share

Happy Friday greetings!  What do you do when you're stuck for inspiration?  One of the things I like to do is create backgrounds to use later.  Making backgrounds when I'm not inspired to make a project is a great way for me to enjoy my time in the studio rather than staring at my walls (or piles of stuff waiting to be put away) and feeling frustrated. 

There are more ways than I can count to make background art using Gelli Plates, acrylic paints, inks, gelatos, pan pastelsstencils, rubber stamps and more!!  And Altered Pages has a wide variety of these and many other supplies for your artwork.  Today I have chosen watercolor pencils.  I love the way the colors softly blend together.  Sometimes the results will surprise you.  I used a Royal Langnickel size 10 paintbrush with these. 

I started with quarter sheet panels of white ink jet card stock and colored random patterns with the pencils completely across each card.  Then I grabbed my brush and started blending.  You can absolutely use a water brush for this!  I wanted brushstrokes to show in places and used less water in those spots.  If you're creating on the go or someplace other than your own cozy studio chair, the traveling convenience of a water brush is wonderful!  Or if you're like me and don't have a sink handy in your studio, then the water brush lets you create without jumping up to refill your water cup.  If you've never used them, give them a try!
 
 
 








And now you're ready to use them to make a card or two!  So go out and have fun creating whether its a complete project or just a piece.  The point is to just make art!


 
 
This month Altered Pages is partnering with Royal & Langnickel. In celebration of that along with October being breast cancer awareness month we are giving away this beautiful Pink Art Journal.


To be entered into the drawing all you have to do is just place an order of $10 or more with Alteredpages.com. The lucky winner will be announced on the blog as well as our Facebook page on November 1, 2015. Good luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment