Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Steampunk Tag Art

Hi everyone!  I have some tag art for you today.  What do you suppose it says about me that I like Steampunk, but I always make it pink? 


My set of pastels from Royal Langnickel has both pencils and sticks and also has a blending stump and kneaded eraser.  To really showcase these pastels, I chose to use the Steampunked Machines collage sheet.  The black and white images are perfect for coloring.  When you are using pastels, remember to seal your work so that the color doesn't smear or rub off completely.  You can buy professional fixatives or use hair spray.  Beware though, that if you choose to use the hair spray your work may yellow over time.


I colored the collage images with the pencils and colored the tag with the sticks.  To get the skin tone, I colored the gentleman lightly with pink then orange and blended the colors together with the blending stump.


I added a few embellishments.  Two chipboard gears which were dipped in a black ink pad give this tag a little dimension and two pieces of German scrap give it a little shine.



Come back again and see what projects I have to share with you.  Until then...Happy Crafting!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment