Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chinese Teacup Canvas

Hi everyone!  I want to share a project I did for a project for Altered Pages and Unruly Paper Arts.  The two have partnered in April to bring you inspiration this month.  My RAQ project is a 6x6 canvas board that I completed for the Unruly Paper Arts BlogZine.  RAQ stands for Reader Art Quest and is a monthly challenge open to all who follow them.  The theme this month is Teacups and Tiaras and there is a visual prompt to go with it.  Readers are encouraged to use the prompt in any way it inspires them and then to share their own projects on the Facebook feed.
I knew from first sight that I loved this dragon and that he was going to be on my project in some way.  I have a fondness for them anyway, but he is perfect for an Asian tea theme.
After painting the canvas pink, I used my Prima stencil with US Art Quest 101 Heavy molding paste.  I didn't want the shapes to be perfect so I kept the layer thin and did not fill every section of the stencil.

I chose my Altered Pages collage images and glued them onto card stock for a little strength.  Then I fussy cut out each one.  I distressed the edges of the Chinese poster.  Clear Stickles went onto the edges of the cup and saucer to bling it up since dragons are always drawn to shiny objects! The little embellishments (corners, mask & blue disk) came from Altered Pages.  My husband recently bought me the color kits as a birthday present.  The lace was in my Fringe and Fedoras kit from Mailbox Muse, which is a sister company to Altered Pages. 


Collage images used:
"Two Chinoiseries" and "Perfect Tea" - AP518-Tea Party
Dragon - AP334-Dragons
Tea Cup - AP3032-Tea Party Flowers
Rose - AP733-Flower Chromolithographs

Thanks for stopping by!  And check out my first OFFICIAL post as a member of the Altered Pages design team over on their blog on April 11th!!   I will be posting on the 2nd & 4th Friday each month.  You can see a different project from each team member every day!  So check back often.

Want to make my day?  Leave me a comment below.
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, especially the way the dragon is wrapped around the teacup. Great project! Oh, and I didn't know dragons were attracted to shiny objects lol

    ReplyDelete