Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Art Journal Fun

Hi everyone!  I can't remember the last time I sat down and just played in my journal.  I've been making cards and canvas projects and those are fun, but art journal time is play time for me!  I received this awesome 2-part lotus stencil from Stencil 1.  I knew it was going to be a large stencil, but I was surprised when it came in the mail.  It's really big.  Just the perfect size for fairies!

I started with a background of Gelatos on a page that was coated with gesso first.  I randomly colored spring colors in patches and then smoothed them out with my fingers before using a spray mister to create some drips.

I wanted a textured background for the flower so I resized the text square to 5x7.  It has a creamy yellow background on its own and then I sprayed it with Dylusions ink in pink and teal.  Once it was dry, I sponged dark purple paint through the detail side of the stencil.  Flowers don't float in mid-air so I made a blue border at the bottom of the page to look like water and glued down the flower.  I added a touch of purple to give the "water" better definition.


I chose to use this beautiful image of a lady in a blue/teal evening gown to be the butterfly princess.  The wings and the bottom of her dress are glued directly to the page and her head and torso are attached with foam circles.  Although it doesn't show on camera, her headpiece is glittery from a Wink Of Stella pen.


There is a collage sheet with a butterfly that matches these fairy wings so I printed that out multiple times in several different sizes.  A spring quote completes the page.



I hope you like it.  If you'd like to know more about the Altered Pages collages I used please follow the link back to the Altered Pages Artsociates blog and check out the full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment