Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

Happy Halloween!

I love this time of year!  I know for a lot of people Halloween means decorating their home inside and out, but for me it is a great time to make spooky art.  DIY Design Studio has several fun Halloween collages for your art projects.



Both of my cards started out with plain card stock and a piece of punchinella.  Green ink with green paper and white ink with black paper...just to give the blank space a little texture.


I used a strip of washi tape for a background element but a strip of scrapbook paper or a piece of ribbon would also be great.  I just wanted something fun behind the main collage image.


I added a few highlights to the Halloween damsel with a white gel pen.  There is shading on the pumpkin eyes and noses.  And tracing around the skull and crossbones on her cloak and the grid on her dress really make them stand out.  


A few Dew Drops make a nice dimensional highlight.  


For the card below, I used the washi tape again and also added embellishments to the skeleton's crown.


Be sure to come back again soon for another DIY Design Studio project!  Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment