Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

I.C.A.D. 2014

Last week an online friend told me about Daisy Yellow's Index-Card-A-Day challenge.  It's very simple.  Create a piece of artwork each day on an index card.  As simple or complex as you like.  There are daily and weekly themes for those people who want/need them or you can just do your own thing.  The challenge runs June 1st - July 31st.

I've been spending a lot of time running back and forth to visit my mom due to some of her health issues and I haven't had a lot of time to spend in my studio during the week and I've missed it.  When Angie recommended this to me it sounded perfect!  I can spend 20 minutes with a Sharpie at lunch, 10 minutes with a pencil at dinner or 3 hours with every art supply I own when time allows.  My index card - my art - my rules.  There is a very well-thought-out FAQ which outlines the challenge and the reasoning behind the index cards.  I hope you'll check it out, and then join in the fun.  61 cards in 61 days.

Here are my warm-ups.  I'm ready...let's go!
Warm Up Exercise #1 - Use a puzzle

Warm Up Exercise #2 - write a Haiku
Warm Up Exercise #3 - Decorate around your name

Warm Up Exercise #4 - Create an on-the-go kit

Warm Up Exercise #5 - Create a grid
Two more days to go until the challenge begins
One more day to go


No comments:

Post a Comment