Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Creating cards inch by inchies

 
 
Happy Friday!  Altered Pages is enjoying a month-long partnership with IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko.  Our team has been having fun with the inks and other crafting supplies they have provided and their team has been creating with Altered Pages images and ephemera.  Remember to leave comments on the Altered Pages Artsociates blog all during June to be entered into a drawing for a great prize package!  You can head over there now to see my project and try for the prize.  My feelings won't be hurt.  BUT, if you're still here...
My project today features IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko StazOn Spiced Chai ink and is highlighted with one of their cool metal tags.  At 1” square it is the perfect complement to these cool wood squares I found in the hardware bin at my local big box hardware store.

What do you do with 1” metal and wooden squares?  Inchies, of course!! 

I printed the Inchies Beauty collage sheet on matte photo paper and cut it into strips.  Once all of the strips were created, I ran them all through my Xyron sticker maker.  I picked out 8 of these tiny lovelies to use on my card and trimmed each one down leaving only the barest of white borders.

The Spiced Chai ink was sponged around each image and on the wood square using Ink Blushers craft sponges.  The StazOn is the perfect ink for this project because it covers the paper, metal, and wood equally well!
More ink was sponged onto the metal tag.  I heat set the ink on the tag so that I could work with it right away instead of setting it aside to dry.  Some Dew Drops from my stash were attached around the edges using 3D Crystal Lacquer. 

A gold-tone gemstone was set into the center of the tag.
To give each wood tile a more complete look, each one was dipped into the ink pad one side at a time. 

I chose a vintage looking pattern from one of my Glitz paper pads to back the tiles, which was highlighted with dark brown and black card stock.  The tiles aren’t very heavy, but I was worried about using regular double sided tape so each tile was also attached with the Crystal Lacquer.  The card has a very dimensional look and vintage feeling. 
I hope you'll stop by again real soon!  In the meantime, you can make my day and leave a comment below.  :-)   Happy Crafting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment