Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Purrfect Halloween Wishes

Halloween is coming!  I love the costumes, decorations, whimsy and fun that this holiday brings.  My project this week is a cute Halloween card to get us into the spirit.



I recently got three new stencils from The Crafters Workshop and one of them is a pattern that reminded me of both flames and animal print.  Both of those things say Halloween to me so I decided to make a card with this great pattern by Carmen Medlin as the base design.




I used a piece of orange card stock with a shape cut out like a window.  If you don't have panels with windows already cut out, just grab your favorite basic shape die and cut one.  I sponged black dye ink onto the card stock. 





That's a great start.  I wanted to add a richer color to it so I added touches of red, green and yellow here and there.  Use your favorite blending tool, sponge or spouncer and just keep adding layers until you're happy.  I added green around all of the cut edges and then filled in.




Now for a focal point.  Altered Pages has many Halloween collages ranging from cute enough for toddlers to scary and macabre.  I chose one on the cuter side.  It's from the Halloween Memories sheet.  A Wink of Stella adds just the right touch of sparkle to the pumpkin's glowing face.



Since the image also has a black cat, I thought it was a wonderful chance to use my cat chipboard cutouts.  They are natural chipboard color so I sponged on black ink.  And every tasteful feline needs a collar!  This sheet of border stickers was purrfect.  One strip of the dotted pattern was all I needed to highlight the cat and the stripe on the card front.



A little black bling to balance out the top corner and this card is done and ready to be mailed.  A mail art treat for a friend!



Supplies Used:
Inks in your favorite colors
Blender tool (or spouncer)
Cat chipboard shapes
Border Design 2 stickers
Black bling
The Crafters Workshop stencil
Halloween collage sheet
Card making supplies: scissors, adhesive
A basic shape cutting die




Also posted at Altered Pages Artsociates art blog.  Click here to see the blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment