Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Camouflage and the art of decorating

Like a lot of other home artists I had to create my own personal space for crafting.  We don't all have actual studios.  A lot of us use spare bedrooms or the corner of our dining rooms!  I'm very lucky that we have a large basement and I was pretty much able to grab most of the usable space (thanks, honey!).  It's my own little corner of the world, so to speak.  It isn't perfect.  I don't have four walls, a window to the outside world or even a door.  But it's mine. 

I share my space with our storage shelves.  That's okay because I've arranged them to help define my space.  But just because I have to be near our cardboard boxes doesn't mean I have to look at them!  This big ugly metal shelving unit is hidden away behind a plain window curtain.  Check your your local resale shops...you can get them really cheap.  I just used a tension rod and slipped it back behind the metal uprights on each side.


The curtain farthest away is the big shelving unit.  The close one is a shower curtain, which is camouflaging another stack of storage boxes.

After that, I hung an owl needlepoint picture that a friend made for me to mimic a wall.  You can get as creative as you want!  Don't like white?  Go for color!  The point is to make your craft space comfortable and pretty - even if it's in the middle of a basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment