Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

My lastest napkin collages

For the past six months I've been trying to make my craft room prettier, as well as more functional.  Let's face it, I spend a lot of time at my table.  I bought some secondhand shelves and a new desktop shelf.  I painted the old spice racks and wrapped all of my tin cans in scrapbook paper.  Now the room is white, hot pink & lime green.  It's so much prettier!  That's why I chose the napkins shown in my first post to cover my little wooden knife box.

I've taken it one step further.  I have a couple of different "R" decorations in my room.  One of them is from the 70s and was originally gold plastic.  Throughout the years it has been spray painted in various colors to match my bedroom.  I have another that sits on a shelf that I got at Michael's in the dollar bin. It is chunky and was originally shiny black.  Both of them have been collaged to match my craft room.  One step closer to making everything coordinate!

Here are a few photos of the project:


First, each of the pieces was painted in a light neutral acrylic paint.

Lots of pink flowers and yellow butterflies in the pile of napkin pieces. 

On the wall hanger, I knew I wanted lighter colors at the top so I started there and worked down.
Wall Hanger
Shelf Sitter



No comments:

Post a Comment