Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stuck for ideas? Try a sketch!

I've been in several different stamping groups over the years.  I was even a moderator in Yahoo back when they were Clubs instead of Groups.  I love seeing the different variations that we all come up with when presented with a theme.  One of my favorite places to look for inspiration is in a sketch or pattern.  Left on my own to create, I'm a pretty balanced person.  A stamped image in the middle balanced out with embellishments or a saying.  I like the way an off-balance card looks.  I think there is so much interest in giving your eye different levels to look at, but I just don't usually think that way.  When you're presented with a sketch, you use your stamps, papers & embellishments to fit the pattern...and that can be both fun and challenging!

Open yourself out to new ways to layer things on your cards or scrapbook pages.  You may be surprised at yourself.  And if you can't think of a way to get started, just try a sketch!  They make a great jumping off point.  You can find sketch designs in a lot of rubber stamp magazines and online.  Or create your own!  Take several plain shapes and lay them on a card at random.  You can close your eyes or ask your husband or kids to help you come up with something.  Whatever pattern ends up on the paper is what you'll create.

I posted one card a week ago that I made for a sketch challenge right here on blogspot for The Robin's Nest.  I made two more this morning.
Soft and feminine.  To give the flowers a little more impact I used 5 different colors of Dew Drops.

I love the silhouette garden stamp.  And the dark purple glitter paper was fun.  It can be overpowering if you're not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment