Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Did I make THAT?

Sometimes I think there is another woman named Robin sitting in my seat at the craft table.  She looks like me, sounds like me, drinks my coffee and uses all of my craft supplies.  But she obviously doesn't think like me, because I would never make a card like this.  Would I?

It's happened before.  I was quite ill a few years back and couldn't do any crafting because I couldn't sit long enough at my table.  The first card I made when I was starting to feel better was for my aunt.  I decided to use one of the stamps that I had purchased and never used before.  It is a very sunny design and I like it, but it is an off size for a standard panel so I could just center and layer.  I thought to myself, the best way to treat it is angled.  I added a few touches from another copy of the same stamped image and a couple of punches and came up with this.  Oh, I like it.  But is wasn't "me".

Well, this other Robin sat at my craft table again a week or so ago and do you know what she did?  She played with my new mica tiles!  I've always found these tiles fascinating and so I bought a package in my effort to branch out and try new things.  I have watched videos from USArt Quest and I've seen cards made by other stampers but I really didn't know what I was going to do with them. I can't decide it this makes a better Valentine or birthday card.

The floral background was a sheet of white card stock that I stenciled and then sponged pink.  The leafy accents are from USArt Quest.  They are sticky on both sides and I coated them with Mica D'Lights.  The small square of art canvas was stenciled and stamped.  The little purple dots are more mica.  I stamped "Bliss" with Brilliance ink and them dipped the edges in PPA and into some gold mica.  The flourishes are glitter puffy stickers I picked up at Michael's ages ago.  Because they are glitter instead of mica they are a little shinier.  I added a couple of amber gem stones to try and bring the gold to the other side of the card.

I have moments where I like the result of stepping out of my comfort zone and moments where I think the design is way to busy.  Either way, it's not typical of the old "me".  And that's a great thing!

I'd love to hear what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did. Now you have me wondering about all your new things.

    ReplyDelete